Set up Exhibition: Monday 23rd November from 12 noon – 2 pm
Hand-in paintings: Monday 23rd November 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm
(no paintings will be accepted before 2.30 pm)
Exhibition closes: Sunday 29th November 2015 at 3 pm
Unsold paintings must be collected by members between 3 pm and 4.30 pm on Sunday 29th November 2015
Up to 5 framed paintings will be accepted. Unframed stretched canvas paintings are acceptable if neatly finished at the edges. Up to 5 unframed paintings/prints per person will be accepted for the browser, if exhibiting original paintings.
Will be accepted only until Wednesday 18th November at the Club. Separate forms are required for framed paintings and items for the browser. Forms and details of craft items must also be handed in by 18th November. Browser items and craft are only acceptable from members submitting original paintings and are free to enter. The hanging fee for paintings is £1 per item.
All members entering work in the exhibition must do a minimum of 2 duties and these must be detailed on the entry forms when presenting them with payment of hanging fees.
Framing standards within the club apply to all work submitted for exhibition at any venue.
1. Adequate and secure rings are to be placed no more than one third down from the top of the frame and tightly wired or corded.
2. To prevent damage to other works, screws and rings must be covered by a small amount of padding (foam or bubble wrap) and secured with masking or other tape to hold the padding in place.
3. The backs of paintings must be sealed with brown gummed tape or framing tape (as sold by the SAA and available from the club sales drawer). Masking tape or parcel tape is not acceptable.
4. A brown luggage label, written in capitals in black ink is to be attached to the hanging cord with string. It should show details of the painting and be identical to the information on the entry form. (Name, Painting Title, Medium and Price) The string should be long enough to hang over the top of the frame. This is to assist the Hanging Committee when hanging members’ work.
5. A sample of the standard required for framing paintings is available at the Club and paintings will not be accepted if they do not meet this standard. Although the example has an adhesive label attached in addition to the luggage label, this additional label is not a specific requirement and need not be applied.
Work that does not comply with these framing standards will not be accepted for hanging.
COPYRIGHT & INSURANCE
Members should be aware of copyright law and any works copied from other artists’ paintings or photographs, including those taken from books, should acknowledge the original artist or photographer on the entry form.
Exhibits will not be insured and are hung at the owner’s risk. Members may wish to insure their own work.
20% on paintings and 10% on browser items and crafts.