The Clubs Featured Artist in the Kingsgate Gallery for the months of December 2020 and January 2021 is Ian Roberts. Here is Ian with his selected paintings displayed on “The Wall”. The Gallery is open from 12 noon until 4 o’clock every Friday and Saturday.
From Friday (20th November) the club Gallery in the Kingsgate Centre will reopen with a completely new exhibition of paintings. The exhibition will be available to view every Friday and Saturday (12 noon until 4 o’clock) through into next year. Almost all the exhibits are available for sale to the general public. We hope you can manage to visit.
Although the Club’s Gallery in the Kingsgate Centre remains closed because of the Coronavirus measures, we are able to make appropriate arrangements should anyone wish to make a painting purchase (in particular, those currently visible in the window displays). You can contact the club initially via the “Contact Us” tab on the website giving us a description of the painting and the artists name.
We also look forward to reopening the Gallery on a regular basis when conditions and circumstances allow.
Bearing in mind current concerns over Coronavirus, it is with regret that our Kingsgate Shopping Centre Gallery will close for a spell after after today’s opening (14th March).
We take this action to reduce avoidable risk for both our members, who to a large extent fall into the section of the community identified as susceptible, and our art loving public.
From tomorrow (5th March) the club Gallery in the Kingsgate Centre will reopen with a completely new exhibition of paintings (framed, unframed and prints). The exhibition will be available to view every Thursday, Friday and Saturday (12 noon until 4 o’clock) up until 25th April. Almost all the exhibits are available for sale to the general public. We hope you can manage to visit.
Dunfermline Art Club Gallery in the Kingsgate Shopping Centre, will soon be accepting submissions from members for the next Gallery hanging period which will run from 5th March through 25th April. New exhibits will be accepted during normal Gallery opening hours (12-4 pm on Thursday 27th, Friday 28th and Saturday 29th February). Paintings will be hung on Tuesday 3rd March in advance of the Gallery re-opening on 5th. A maximum five pictures may be submitted. A hanging fee of £2.50 per picture will apply, and, where four pictures are paid for, the fifth will be hung for free . A commission of 25% will be taken on painting sales.
Original artworks only (which comply with the clubs framing standards) can be accepted for hanging, not prints. However, prints, as well as original unframed pictures, may be submitted for display in the browsers.
Members also should note that the same paintings may not be exhibited in the Gallery on consecutive hanging periods. Unsold items from the previous hanging period should be collected from the Gallery at the earliest convenient opportunity.
- Acceptance of such items is conditional on the club member having at least one framed painting for sale during the hanging period.
- Items accepted for sale will be displayed / available for sale in the Gallery for a specific time period which will correspond to the Paintings Hanging Period. Generally 6 weeks.
- “Craft” items must be hand crafted by the exhibiting member, not commercially manufactured.
- A maximum 10 items in any category may be submitted in any Hanging Period. The fee payable will be £1 for each item and a commission of 20% will be taken on each sale.
- Unsold browser and craft items in any hanging period may be retained in the Gallery and offered for sale in the subsequent hanging period upon payment of the appropriate fee (£1 per item).
- These arrangements and costs will also apply when submitting craft and browser material to be exhibited at the Clubs Annual and Winter Exhibitions where acceptance is conditional on the member having at least one painting on display and for sale.
- Additionally, a commission of 10% will be taken on the sale of cards at the Annual and Winter Exhibitions.