The Clubs Featured Artist in the Kingsgate Gallery for the month of January 2020 is Helen Rowbotham. Here is a selection of paintings from Helen’s display on “The Wall”. More details and images are available on our Facebook Page via the link above..
The club will be hosting a demonstration by local artist Erik Petrie at the Townhill Studio on Tuesday 28th January commencing 7.00 (until 9.00)
On the night, Erik will be demonstrating a Fife Coastal Scene in Acrylic. You can have a look at examples of his work by visiting his Facebook Page, Erik Petrie Artwork by clicking on the highlighted link.
Members wishing to attend should add their name to the notice in the club studio. There will be a £3 fee for this event payable in advance if possible to Annette Burgess or any other Committee Member.
- Acceptance of such items is conditional on the club member having at least one framed painting for sale during the hanging period.
- Items accepted for sale will be displayed / available for sale in the Gallery for a specific time period which will correspond to the Paintings Hanging Period. Generally 6 weeks.
- “Craft” items must be hand crafted by the exhibiting member, not commercially manufactured.
- A maximum 10 items in any category may be submitted in any Hanging Period. The fee payable will be £1 for each item and a commission of 20% will be taken on each sale.
- Unsold browser and craft items in any hanging period may be retained in the Gallery and offered for sale in the subsequent hanging period upon payment of the appropriate fee (£1 per item).
- These arrangements and costs will also apply when submitting craft and browser material to be exhibited at the Clubs Annual and Winter Exhibitions where acceptance is conditional on the member having at least one painting on display and for sale.
- Additionally, a commission of 10% will be taken on the sale of cards at the Annual and Winter Exhibitions.
Dunfermline Art Club Gallery in the Kingsgate Shopping Centre, will soon be accepting submissions from members for the next Gallery hanging period which will run from 16th January through 29th February. New exhibits will be accepted during normal Gallery opening hours (12-4 pm on Thursday 9th, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th January). Paintings will be hung on Tuesday 14th in advance of the Gallery re-opening on 16th. A maximum five pictures may be submitted. A new hanging fee of £2.50 per picture will apply, and, where four pictures are paid for, the fifth will be hung for free . A commission of 25% will be taken on painting sales.
Original artworks only (which comply with the clubs framing standards) can be accepted for hanging, not prints. However, prints, as well as original unframed pictures, may be submitted for display in the browsers.
Members also should note that the same paintings may not be exhibited in the Gallery on consecutive hanging periods. Unsold items from the previous hanging period should be collected from the Gallery at the earliest convenient opportunity.
The Clubs Featured Artist in the Kingsgate Gallery from now until 11th January 2020 is Tony Felton. Here is a selection from Tony’s excellent work now on display on “The Wall”. More details and additional images are also available on our Dunfermline Art Club Facebook Page. The button at the top will take you straight there.
It would be appreciated if everyone attending could donate either food or fruit juice for the buffet and please write your name and donation on the list on the noticeboard in the club. We will also hold a “Secret Santa” at the party so please donate a gift which would suit either male or female, and place it in the boxes provided. It would be helpful if the gifts were wrapped and placed in the boxes by Wednesday 11th December at the latest to allow the raffle to be set up.
Dunfermline Art Clubs 137th Winter Exhibition will be held in the Kingsgate Shopping Centre, Dunfermline, from Monday 18th November through Sunday 24th November 2019. Almost 200 works will be exhibited, featuring original paintings in oil, acrylic, watercolour, pastel and other media. In addition to the paintings, which include landscapes, seascapes, figurative and still life subjects, other items of craftwork will also feature.
We hope to see you there.