Following the Christmas Lunch at the Club on 18th December, the Club premises in Townhill will effectively be closed over Christmas and New Year. The club will reopen as usual from Monday 6th January 2020.
- Acceptance of such items is conditional on the club member having at least one framed painting for sale during the hanging period.
- Items accepted for sale will be displayed / available for sale in the Gallery for a specific time period which will correspond to the Paintings Hanging Period. Generally 6 weeks.
- “Craft” items must be hand crafted by the exhibiting member, not commercially manufactured.
- A maximum 10 items in any category may be submitted in any Hanging Period. The fee payable will be £1 for each item and a commission of 20% will be taken on each sale.
- Unsold browser and craft items in any hanging period may be retained in the Gallery and offered for sale in the subsequent hanging period upon payment of the appropriate fee (£1 per item).
- These arrangements and costs will also apply when submitting craft and browser material to be exhibited at the Clubs Annual and Winter Exhibitions where acceptance is conditional on the member having at least one painting on display and for sale.
- Additionally, a commission of 10% will be taken on the sale of cards at the Annual and Winter Exhibitions.
Dunfermline Art Club Gallery in the Kingsgate Shopping Centre, will soon be accepting submissions from members for the next Gallery hanging period which will run from 16th January through 29th February. New exhibits will be accepted during normal Gallery opening hours (12-4 pm on Thursday 9th, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th January). Paintings will be hung on Tuesday 14th in advance of the Gallery re-opening on 16th. A maximum five pictures may be submitted. A new hanging fee of £2.50 per picture will apply, and, where four pictures are paid for, the fifth will be hung for free . A commission of 25% will be taken on painting sales.
Original artworks only (which comply with the clubs framing standards) can be accepted for hanging, not prints. However, prints, as well as original unframed pictures, may be submitted for display in the browsers.
Members also should note that the same paintings may not be exhibited in the Gallery on consecutive hanging periods. Unsold items from the previous hanging period should be collected from the Gallery at the earliest convenient opportunity.
It would be appreciated if everyone attending could donate either food or fruit juice for the buffet and please write your name and donation on the list on the noticeboard in the club. We will also hold a “Secret Santa” at the party so please donate a gift which would suit either male or female, and place it in the boxes provided. It would be helpful if the gifts were wrapped and placed in the boxes by Wednesday 11th December at the latest to allow the raffle to be set up.
Originally scheduled for 20th November, it would be appreciated if balances could now be paid on any of the following dates: Tues 5th, Wed 6th, Tues 12 or Wed 13th November. Either Mike-Sutherland Brown or Nancy Aitken will be available to receive payments. Cash is preferable although cheques may be made payable to Pitbauchlie House Hotel.
This is a reminder for members wishing to attend the club Christmas Dinner on 3rd December that in order to secure the booking, a deposit of £10 per person should be paid by Wednesday 25th September (either by cheque made out to Pitbauchlie House Hotel or cash please).
See post from 10th September for full details.
The Club Christmas Dinner will be held again this year in the Pitbauchlie House Hotel, Dunfermline on Tuesday 3rd December, (6.30pm for 7.00pm). Club members, together with spouse / partner, are welcome at a cost of £26.00 per person. Will all members wishing to attend, please add names to the list posted on the club Notice Board or alternatively give confirmation to either Nancy Aitken (Social Secretary) or the Club Secretary, Mike Sutherland-Brown. In order to secure the booking, a deposit of £10 per person should be paid by Wednesday 25th September (either cheque, made out to Pitbauchlie House Hotel or cash please), with the final balance payable by 20th November at the latest. You can navigate to view the Menu by clicking on the Pitbauchlie House Hotel link highlighted above. It’s the “Festive Dinner” option.
Additionally, if anyone has any special dietary requirements which need be catered for, please make these known when making your reservation.”
Congratulations to Tony Felton who was elected Dunfermline Art Club President at the clubs Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 27th August. Tony succeeds Alan Booth who has stood down as President after three years in the position. Our sincere thanks go to Alan for his excellent contribution and service to the club during this period. Please also see the “Committee” tab on the website for other committee changes which saw the retrials also of George Aitken, Austen Clark and David Jones. Sincere thanks to all for their work over the years. The changes become effective immediately.