Following the Christmas Lunch at the Club on 18th December, the Club premises in Townhill will effectively be closed over Christmas and New Year. The club will reopen as usual from Monday 6th January 2020.
- Acceptance of such items is conditional on the club member having at least one framed painting for sale during the hanging period.
- Items accepted for sale will be displayed / available for sale in the Gallery for a specific time period which will correspond to the Paintings Hanging Period. Generally 6 weeks.
- “Craft” items must be hand crafted by the exhibiting member, not commercially manufactured.
- A maximum 10 items in any category may be submitted in any Hanging Period. The fee payable will be £1 for each item and a commission of 20% will be taken on each sale.
- Unsold browser and craft items in any hanging period may be retained in the Gallery and offered for sale in the subsequent hanging period upon payment of the appropriate fee (£1 per item).
- These arrangements and costs will also apply when submitting craft and browser material to be exhibited at the Clubs Annual and Winter Exhibitions where acceptance is conditional on the member having at least one painting on display and for sale.
- Additionally, a commission of 10% will be taken on the sale of cards at the Annual and Winter Exhibitions.
Dunfermline Art Club Gallery in the Kingsgate Shopping Centre, will soon be accepting submissions from members for the next Gallery hanging period which will run from 16th January through 29th February. New exhibits will be accepted during normal Gallery opening hours (12-4 pm on Thursday 9th, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th January). Paintings will be hung on Tuesday 14th in advance of the Gallery re-opening on 16th. A maximum five pictures may be submitted. A new hanging fee of £2.50 per picture will apply, and, where four pictures are paid for, the fifth will be hung for free . A commission of 25% will be taken on painting sales.
Original artworks only (which comply with the clubs framing standards) can be accepted for hanging, not prints. However, prints, as well as original unframed pictures, may be submitted for display in the browsers.
Members also should note that the same paintings may not be exhibited in the Gallery on consecutive hanging periods. Unsold items from the previous hanging period should be collected from the Gallery at the earliest convenient opportunity.