On Tuesday 3rd October, the club will be hosting a demonstration by Alan Stephens on painting seascapes in oil. The event will run from 7.00pm through 9.00pm for which there will be a fee of £3 payable (in advance) to Jen Manson. Members wishing to attend should place their name on the list on the club noticeboard at Townhill. To see more of Alan’s work, visit his website at www.alanstephens.co.uk
1. There will be a maximum of three paintings per artist (artists should already have entered their intention to submit paintings in the book on the Exhibitions Table below the notice board.
Paintings and browser items for the event may be brought to the studio on Tuesday evening 5th Sept or Wednesday 6th Sept during club opening hours. A temporary area for the safe storage of the paintings will be created in the studio.
2. Paintings can also be delivered to the Community Centre between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Friday 8th Sept . These will be stored in the snooker room overnight.
3. Paintings should be uplifted after the exhibition between 4 p.m.and 5 p.m. on Saturday 9th September. If not collected, they will be placed in the studio area but must be uplifted as soon as possible thereafter.
4. Normal club standards for the hanging of pictures apply. Do not forget to fill in the entry forms which are available in the folders on the table below the Exhibitions notice board. Completed forms should be placed in the red folder on the same table. Closing time for notification of entries is 3 p.m.Wednesday 6th September.
5. No hanging fees are being charged for paintings.
The Club Gallery in Unit 22 Kingsgate Shopping Centre, will soon be accepting members submissions for the next Gallery hanging period which will run from 31st August through 21st October. New exhibits will be accepted during normal Gallery opening hours (12-4 pm on Thursday 24th, Friday 25th and Saturday 26th August). Paintings will be hung on Tuesday 29th August in advance of the Gallery re-opening on 31st. A maximum five pictures may be submitted and it has been agreed that although the hanging fee will remain at £2 per picture, where four pictures are paid for, the fifth will be hung for free.
Members please note that the same paintings may not be exhibited in the Gallery on consecutive hanging periods. Unsold items from the previous hanging period should be collected from the Gallery at the earliest convenient opportunity.
We now have a few dates for Wednesday evening watercolour tutorials by Colin Joyce. The sessions will run from 6.30 – 9.00 with a short break for refreshments.
All members are welcome. There will be a £4 charge levied per night to cover Colin’s fee.
The dates are:-
Get the dates in your diary and lets see a good turnout.
ITEM 1. WELCOME AND APOLOGIES
ITEM 2. MINUTESOF PREVIOUS AGM
ITEM 3. MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
ITEM 4. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
ITEM 5. SECRETARY’S REPORT
ITEM 6. TREASURER’S REPORT AND BALANCE SHEET
ITEM 7. GALLERY CO-ORDINATOR’S REPORT
ITEM 8. WEBSITE ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
ITEM 9. EXHIBITION CO-ORDINATOR’S REPORT
ITEM 10. PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATOR’S REPORT
ITEM 11. ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS
ITEM 12. ELECTION OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
ITEM 13. PROPOSED NEW CONSTITUION TO CONFORM WITH OSCR RECOMMENDATIONS
ITEM 14. WINTER EXHIBITION MONDAY 20th NOVEMBER TO SUNDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2017
ITEM 15. ANY OTHER PERTINENT BUSINESS
ITEM 16. DATE OF NEXT AGM – PROPOSED TUESDAY 21st AUGUST 2018
For the Mixed Media workshop, Josephine will be doing a similar painting to the attached image. She will provide the painting ground which is a an A3+(20×14 inches) size watercolour paper, the reference photo, PVA glue, collage paper and tissue paper, masking tape, etc. The workshop will be like a “paint along with me” style where we go through the step by step way of painting the subject.
Other materials that attendees should bring:
A board not smaller than 20×14 inches to tape the watercolour paper down. (boards available in the club)
lemon or cadmium yellow
viridian green or sap green
A selection of flat and round acrylic brushes
1/2″ – 1″ flat acrylic brushes
size 10 round acrylic brush
size 2 or 3 small round brush
a rigger brush