The exhibition will be held in the club Gallery, Kingsgate Shopping Centre, Dunfermline and will be open daily, (10am – 6pm) from Monday 5th July until Saturday 10th July
A maximum of three framed paintings per member may be exhibited. There will be a £4 hanging fee for each painting or £10 for 3. As an exception for this exhibition, paintings need not be original or new work. Paintings which have been exhibited at previous exhibitions will be accepted, however framed or unframed prints, cards or craftwork can not be accepted for this exhibition. Note that unsold paintings can remain in the Gallery for a further 8 week period (the regular gallery hanging timescale) at no additional cost.
Standard Exhibition entry forms will be provided by the Secretary via post or email and will also be available in advance from the Gallery.
Entry forms, hanging fees and paintings should be handed in to the Gallery during regular opening times from Friday 25th June through Friday 2nd July
If entering a “Not for Sale” painting this must be matched by at least one “For sale” painting. A single “Not for Sale” painting can not be accepted.
All members entering work in the exhibition are invited to commit to undertaking a minimum of two duties during the period of the exhibition. Dates / times of duties which are agreed to be undertaken are to be be detailed on the entry forms when presenting them with payment of hanging fees.
1. Picture Frame Hanging “D” Rings are to be fastened no more than one third down from the top of the frame and tightly wired or corded. Screw in eyes should be avoided.
2. To prevent damage to other works, screws and “D” Rings must be covered by a small amount of padding (foam or bubble wrap) and secured with masking or other tape to hold the padding in place.
3. The backs of paintings must be sealed with brown gummed tape or framing tape (as sold by the SAA also available from artists supplies retailers). Masking tape or parcel tape is not acceptable.
4. A brown luggage label, written in capitals in black ink is to be attached to the hanging cord with string. It should show details of the painting and be identical to the information on the entry form. (Name, Painting Title, Medium and Price) The string should be long enough to hang over the top of the frame. This is to assist the Hanging Committee when hanging members’ work.
5. A sample of the standard required for framing paintings is available to view at the Gallery (example pictured below). Paintings that do not meet this standard will not be accepted for hanging.
6. Although the example shown here has an adhesive label on the back of the frame (in addition to the luggage label), the adhesive label is not a specific requirement.
COPYRIGHT & INSURANCE Members should be aware of copyright law and any works copied from other artists’ paintings or photographs, including those taken from books, should acknowledge the original artist or photographer on the entry form. Exhibits will not be insured and are hung at the owner’s risk. Members may wish to insure their own work.
COMMISSION 20% will be taken on painting sales.