1. Picture Frame Hanging “D” Rings are to be fastened no more than one third down from the top of the frame and tightly wired or corded. Screw in eyes should be avoided.
2. To prevent damage to other works, screws and “D” Rings must be covered by a small amount of padding (foam or bubble wrap) and secured with masking or other tape to hold the padding in place.
3. The backs of paintings must be sealed with brown gummed tape or framing tape (as sold by the SAA also available from artists supplies retailers). Masking tape or parcel tape is not acceptable.
4. A brown luggage label, written in capitals in black ink is to be attached to the hanging cord with string. It should show details of the painting and be identical to the information on the entry form. (Name, Painting Title, Medium and Price) The string should be long enough to hang over the top of the frame. This is to assist the Hanging Committee when hanging members’ work.
5. A sample of the standard required for framing paintings is available to view at the Gallery (example pictured below). Paintings that do not meet this standard will not be accepted for hanging.
6. Although the example shown here has an adhesive label on the back of the frame (in addition to the luggage label), the adhesive label is not a specific requirement.